SoCal Painting Co.
Los Angeles, Calif
Phone: +1 323/3716275
Use our contact form.
Benjamin Moore Interior/Exterior & Primers: Ben,Aura,Regal Select.
Zero Voc: Natural Paint, Ultra Spec 500 Interior Paint.
Low Voc:Exterior/Interior paints.
We provide quality work at a reasonable price.
We are licensed# 970923 and Bonded
Before you begin to paint, consider wall imperfections and other factors. High-gloss paint offers greater durability and is very easy to clean. If your wall is less than perfect, however, high-gloss paint can enhance the imperfections. Flat paint will do a much better job of hiding imperfections, but it's much easier to damage than high-gloss. Eggshell is a great middle-of-the-road option.
Colors can add depth and texture to your room. Using the right colors can turn an otherwise dull room into a beautiful, warm space. If you get a color you don't like, just paint over it!
It's very difficult to tell what a color is going to look like on your wall using a small paint swatch. Investing in a "test gallon" can get expensive, especially if you can't make up your mind. Many paint manufacturers are now offering small sample cans of their colors. They cost only a few dollars and will prevent you from wasting money on a color that just isn't right.
When you go to buy your paint, you have to know the square footage of your room. There are many other factors that contribute to the amount of paint you will need, however. Always consider the surface you're painting, whether you're priming walls and the number of coats you are going to need. All of these things will affect the amount of paint you need to purchase.
Use simple masking tape to remove any extra fibers before you paint. If you don't, those fibers will become a permanent fixture on your wall.
If you have an older Los Angeles County home and want to choose colors other than green and white, here are some guidelines to consider before starting an exterior painting project:
1. Light colors "advance" the exterior of Los Angeles County homes while dark colors cause them to "recede". This means that lighter shades will make your home appear larger and closer to the street, while darker shades make your home seem smaller and further away. If you want your house to blend in and be less noticeable, therefore, a darker hue is best.
2. Light dramatically affects how colors appear to the human eye. In cooler climates the light is diffused and bold colors are intensified. In southern climates, the harsher, brighter sunlight will cause pale tints to appear washed out.
3. If you want your gutters and downspouts to be less noticeable, paint them the same color as the house.
4. Make sure any mildew problems are solved before you begin your Los Angeles County exterior painting project. Test suspicious spots with household bleach and if they change color, you definitely have a mildew problem.
5. Moisture problems must be eliminated before exterior painting begins. If they are not, water will ruin even the best Los Angeles County exterior paint job.
7. It is recommended to get expert help from a professional Los Angeles County painting contractor when tackling an exterior painting project. This is especially desirable if you own a historical landmark and wish for it to be restored to its former appearance.